School Administrative Assistant
Silvermine School of Art provides year-round courses designed for full and part-time students of all ages and levels, from beginners to professional artists. In addition to the adult program, the school features courses for junior and youth, Summer Art Programs, and classes for young children and parents to experience art together. A nurturing atmosphere prevails, unstructured enough to encourage creativity through exploration, yet disciplined to provide a solid foundation.
The School of Art is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm and must be available to work some weekends.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability communicate professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proven capacity to apply independent judgment in planning, prioritizing, and organizing multiple tasks in a diversified workload.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized and motivated with a positive attitude.
- Must have computer knowledge including, but not limited to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven success in written communication, including proofreading and editing.
- Team player comfortable with collaborative work environment.
- Non-Profit employment experience.
- Office administration experience.
- Art background helpful.
- Registration of students via phone, mail and in person.
- Advice students of course options.
- Work with faculty in all capacities.
- Order art supplies for each department per teachers request.
- Design and layout all email blasts through constant contact.
- Organize and approve all invoices supply and equipment orders with financial manager.
- Update and edit website for school data, photos and event information.
- Design flyers and posters for school.
- Coordinate and schedule private lessons and parties.
Salary low-thirties, depending on experience. Previous applicants need not reapply. Applicants must include cover letter.
Please send cover letter and resume to School@silvermineart.org. No phone calls.