Summer Art Camp/Workshop Assistant
Silvermine School of Art is hiring summer art camp assistants for our junior camps and teen workshops. Art Camps include drawing, painting, printmaking, ceramics, sculpture, photography and more. These positions will be from June 20th through August 26th, 2016. Each assistant will need to be available for the entire ten weeks. Camps and workshops are Monday through Friday and hours vary from 3 hours to 7 hours per day. Applicants must have art experience as well as experience working with children. Knowledge of a broad range of visual art media is a plus.
With direct oversight by the camp/workshop Instructor, you are responsible for assisting Instructors in all aspects of camp/workshop and to engage and help students. Pay rate starts at $10.00 per hour for Assistants. Assistants are responsible for the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting instructors with projects and class management
- Provide individual guidance to students
- Distribute and maintain course supplies
- Help clean up supplies and studios
- Communicate issues/concerns with Instructor
- Maintain and upkeep supply cabinets
- Set up/take down all studio equipment as needed
- Promote teamwork and a positive work environment
- Follow camp/workshop guidelines
- Supervise children ages 4-17 during lunch/snack and/or before/after camp
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to School@silvermineart.org.