Summer Art Studio Assistant
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
June 19 – August 30, 2017 (12 Weeks)
This is a paid position.
To provide assistance and support for Summer Art Studios to ensure a safe and creative learning environment for children ages 5-17. This position contributes to our mission to engage the public and provide learning opportunities surround the arts.
- Set-up studio and tear down of studio.
- Create a positive and welcoming environment.
- Assist in drop-off and pick-up of children (welcome, register, track, etc.)
- Prepare and clean up materials as needed throughout the weeks.
- Lead or support class with art projects.
- Supervise children during breaks.
- Duties as assigned by the instructor.
- Must be over 17 years of age.
- Experience as an assistant or worked with children as a leader or assistant leader.
- A basic understanding of children and the ability to develop an up-beat positive relationship with them.
- Knowledge of art.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Flexible, creative, organized, energetic and articulate.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume by emailing email@example.com. No phone calls, please.