Director of Development
Silvermine Arts Center, New Canaan, Ct.
Silvermine Arts Center, a preeminent visual arts center in Fairfield County with more than 4,500 annual enrollments at the School of Art and 12,000 visitors to the award-winning galleries, is seeking a Director of Development. Working in partnership with the Executive Director, the Director of Development will be responsible for maintaining and building individual and institutional relationships, while expanding the major gifts program and readying the institution for planned giving and endowment campaigns. The ideal candidate must have direct experience in solicitation and stewardship of major gifts, capital and endowment/planned giving fund development.
Depending upon the qualifications and salary requirements of the selected candidate, the position may be part-time, with the potential to build to full-time, or could be developed as an independent contractor relationship.
- Minimum 5 years of senior level development experience.
- Bachelor's degree – advanced degree or certificate training preferred.
- Should have completed or be completing CFRE certification.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume, with compensation requirements, to: email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
For program info, please check our website: www.silvermineart.org
Silvermine Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer.
The Director of Development's major responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and manage an aggressive long-term fund-raising strategy that supports the operating, capital and endowment objectives of the organization. Personally drive fundraising cultivation and solicitation activities, develop fundraising alliances, maximize revenue from current sources of philanthropy, appeal to individual and institutional donors, and lead and direct any and all fundraising efforts.
- Understand the actual and prospective funding communities where the organization provides services. Develop and implement strategies to secure ongoing significant sources of funds to support the organization in each of these communities. Develop and executive innovative ways of raising increased funding from private donors, family members, foundations, corporations, business and industry and community organizations.
- With the Executive Director and members of the Board of Directors, establish clear guidelines to cultivate and solicit major gifts; inject energy and organization into annual giving; shape designated giving programs; cultivate new prospects; identify private and business donors, pursue planned giving opportunities and position other leaders of the organization to solicit major donations.
- Provide primary staff support to the Development Committee, providing them with viable reports and information so as to keep them informed of the status and progress of development operations.
- Actively facilitate and stage all fundraising events; establish fund-raising objectives, develop significant committee support, and guide and coach members to raise or exceed objectives.
- Encourage and facilitate community-based support, providing guidance and coaching on 3rd-party fund-raising initiatives while not actively engaging in the logistics of the process.
- Fine tune awards and recognition programs to recognize donors, volunteers and other members of the organization community for their efforts.